Our Vision is to support NU to become an internationally renowned educational and research institution by recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce, by fostering a healthy and productive working environment for all employees.
Our Mission is to excel and enhance the well-being of all our employees by developing and implementing policies and procedures consistently and provide information and services that will create a productive work environment.
- Set strategic priorities for the Directorate over short, medium, and long term and contribute to institutional strategic planning and processes.
- Develop policies and procedures regarding Human Resources Management of the University.
- Implement a systematic approach to performance review, professional development of non- academic staff of central directorates and transparent approach of NU staff severance.
- Engage in a process of reviewing, modifying, and monitoring the operation of the Directorate to improve the quality of service.
- Ensure compliance of HR operations with relevant government regulations.
- Apply grievance and disciplinary procedures in line with the NU policies.
- Liaise with the University legal officer regarding legal matters related to Human Resources.